HIBarbeque
December 07, 2019, 07:52:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2013 is going to be an amazing year for HIBBQ.  Stay tuned for details on new smokers coming to Hawaii and Hawaii's first ever KCBS sanctioned event.  Aloha!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aloha...  (Read 2044 times)
UDS808

« on: May 20, 2012, 05:40:57 pm »

New here. In the process of building my first UDS. Love the idea and concept. Can't wait for my first bbq and smoke. Actually working on two same time out the gate. Check my pics at
www.photobucket.com/UDSbyScott
I'll definitely be posting more soon. The stuff inside the green drum with tan liner is the air intake for both drums. I'm in Maili, Hawaii. Just moved from Pearl City 2 months ago. Can't wait to build my first UDS so I can get some help on my first bbq. I wanna learn how to smoke with them too, but baby steps...lol!
Aloha,
Scott
Crash
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 08:42:01 pm »

Welcome Scott, great to have you here.  When you're ready for that first smoke, make sure to ask as many questions as you have.  We'll get you set up.

I sent you a PM with the link to the UDS thread.  Hope it helps.

Again, welcome.
Lisa_DJ
Pit B!t@h
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 11:33:11 am »

ALOHA!!  Welcome and we are glad you are here.  I love my UDS!!  Does great pork butts.  Let us know when you smoke for the first time on it.  I may come help supervise and taste test!! LOL

Lisa
UDS808

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:13:30 am »

Thanks and might have to take you up on that. Figure the first times bound to be a catastrophe...Not sure if whatever goes on for the first cook will be consumable. Guess I should have more faith. Small set back. I've decided after a bit of research that I'm gonna swap out all my 3/4" air intake parts for 1" piping. Better off a little bigger since I'll be able to dial in the air intake with the brass ball valves anyways. Gonna swap parts tomorrow at home depot so I can make some progress.
Not sure if anyone would venture out my way since I live in Maili, but when the time comes, you're more than welcome to come for the inauguration of my first creation. I'm going to need a good recipe to get this thing broken in right, some ribs, pork butt...
Aloha for now and good night...
Scott
ALOHA!!  Welcome and we are glad you are here.  I love my UDS!!  Does great pork butts.  Let us know when you smoke for the first time on it.  I may come help supervise and taste test!! LOL

Lisa
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: