HIBarbeque
December 07, 2019, 08:33:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2013 is going to be an amazing year for HIBBQ.  Stay tuned for details on new smokers coming to Hawaii and Hawaii's first ever KCBS sanctioned event.  Aloha!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Backwoods To Hawaii  (Read 23499 times)
Smokinit

« on: December 11, 2012, 06:43:08 am »

Hey all we are working with Crash and have some great deals to get Backwoods out to you shipping is very  very reasonable. You may contact him or me for further info. He will also have our sauce out there for sampling and sale. Check us out at  www.purpleporkmasters.com.

If your not smokinit your not cookin
Authorized Backwoods Dealer
www.purpleporkmasters.com
Crash
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 11:11:15 am »

We are squaring away details on this amazing opportunity.  The Backwoods cookers are some of the best smokers available and many of the top mainland teams use them.

Look for the banner ad soon and feel free to contact me with any questions.
Chris - Big Ugly's BBQ

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 06:11:02 am »

Backwoods are great cookers!!!!!  I swear by my Competitor and Party.
Smokinit

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 09:03:54 am »

The new Backwoods G2 seriers is out. I brougth a G2 Chubby in to do some serious testing and here is what I found.
The exteriore is now galvenized and a heavier gauge of metal and the whole feel is much better. The new color is also a plus.

The interior deminsions are the same as the standard Chubby but is it 6 inches deeper to fit full ss hotel pans now a huge plus!! The grates are now heavy duty the same as all the rest of the models.

The rack spacing can be teaked for more capacity and I can get them set the way I want them.
They come with the heat diverter now along with a new fire grate design with a slide out ash pan very nice! it will hold 11 plus pounds of coal I had some K Blue laying around for the test burn. I lit a small amount of coal in the right corner and 40 mins later we were at 240. I let it get to 300 to burn out the nasties and let it go for 2hrs and then brought it down to 250 and began to spray it up with oil to season it. It ran for more than 8hrs on load of coal and temps were rock steady. With a full load of food burn times will be less but it is a big difference over the standard Chubby.

This is shapping up to be a big little cooker capacities look to be 6 butts or 12 plus racks or two very large briskies. Two of these will make a great comp pair and very easy to move around. Stay tuned for a full cook review soon!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:06:55 am by Smokinit » Logged

Crash
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 09:53:21 pm »

That looks sweet, definitely a quality cooker.  I dig the color.

How accurate is the thermometer?
Smokinit

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 06:07:15 am »

That looks sweet, definitely a quality cooker.  I dig the color.

How accurate is the thermometer?

They are very accurate bud.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: