HIBarbeque
November 24, 2017, 02:48:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2013 is going to be an amazing year for HIBBQ.  Stay tuned for details on new smokers coming to Hawaii and Hawaii's first ever KCBS sanctioned event.  Aloha!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spare ribs tomorrow - 10/8  (Read 1578 times)
Crash
Global Moderator

« on: October 08, 2012, 12:39:13 am »

After a rough two contests this summer where we finished 6th and 4th respectfully in Ribs, it is back to the drawing board.  What had given us solid success on the mainland is no longer doing as well for us.  It may be due to lack of practice or a change in regional flavor expectations...who knows.  With absolutely no disrespect to the teams that finished ahead of us...the fact is that it wasn't good enough for us. 

Luckily, we have an amazing information pool of competition BBQ cooks to pull ideas from.  It's amazing how much they'll now share with us now that we don't compete against them monthly.

At any rate, we've got some great new product coming in from AZ Tuesday.  Unfortunately, I won't get to use it tomorrow, but tomorrow is a baseline cook.  Get it back to basics and tweak a few things.  A new rub from the #1 team on the KCBS circuit and a tweaked idea (think Johnny Trigg ribs) that we have been avoiding for years.  It's now time to adapt.

Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures before the kids annihilate the evidence.
Crash
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 02:06:06 am »

I decided to hold off on the spares.  Logically, it was smart to wait for the new product to arrive from the mainland.  Thanks Lisa.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: