HIBarbeque
June 25, 2019, 07:04:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2013 is going to be an amazing year for HIBBQ.  Stay tuned for details on new smokers coming to Hawaii and Hawaii's first ever KCBS sanctioned event.  Aloha!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Rig  (Read 2492 times)
RangerJ

« on: February 14, 2011, 05:51:09 pm »

I ordered this back in December and its finally done.  They allowed me to cook on a vault they had at the shop and I made an offer on it and they took it. They build me a new trailer and I added the extra locking storage with stainless steel table.  I also added 3 all weather electrcial outlets. one on each side and one inside the largest storage cabinet.

It's mettalic black.

Crash
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 01:02:10 am »

Unbelievably sahhhhweeet! I totally dig all of the storage that the trailer has. 

Now, how about pictures of it in action?  And what happened to the drums?

Side note, arent you competing in the Sams Club tourney somewhere?  Let me know which one, you'll surely be a contender.
RangerJ

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 02:35:33 pm »

Unbelievably sahhhhweeet! I totally dig all of the storage that the trailer has. 

Now, how about pictures of it in action?  And what happened to the drums?

Side note, arent you competing in the Sams Club tourney somewhere?  Let me know which one, you'll surely be a contender.

They drums are currently in retirement.  They actually performed quite well at the last competition.  I tied for 1st but the other two guys had higher brisket scores, so I ended up 3rd.  I don't think I'll part with them unless I just find that I never fire them up again.

Sams Club = Conroe, Texas.  Not sure if I'll be a contender, but I'll be out there cooking.  Austin is a much stronger local competition but there are some good teams in Conroe as well.
Crash
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 12:13:33 am »

Good luck out there, we'll be following all of our friends cooking the Sam's Club events.
Crash
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 12:28:44 am »

Sams Club = Conroe, Texas.  Not sure if I'll be a contender, but I'll be out there cooking.  Austin is a much stronger local competition but there are some good teams in Conroe as well.

I heard about other teams going out there to "bottom feed", as they call it.  What they dont know is that TX has some damn good cooks....especially in that Brisket category.  Actually, I'm guessing that the "bottom feeding" comment has fired up quite a few TX Quers.

I think you'll do well Wes.  I've got you in my top 7 to move on to the semi finals in Fort Worth. 

What are some of the good teams out there with KCBS experience?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: